Friday, 10 April 2015

Recipe: Hummus

Hello everyone!

Today I'm bringing you my favourite hummus recipe that I came up with. It's very simple, very healthy and very versatile - I usually eat it as a dip - I cut up a carrot and celery and eat it together, it's delicious! Or you can of course use it instead of butter or any kind of bread spread, use it in pasta, instead of pomodoro on pizza, in salad dressings etc. The options are endless.

For this recipe, you will need:

250 g of chickpeas (approx. 1 cup) - either cook it yourself or buy in a can - if you use a can, make sure it's the steamed kind with as little salt as possible!
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 lemon, squeezed juice out of it
3 teaspoons of sesame seeds (it's better to soak them beforehand in just a little bit of water)
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup olive oil

You're going to need any kind of blender or food processor. I either use the standing little food processor or a hand blender, I find either works just well. Dump all of the ingredients in your blender and mix until smooth. This recipe makes quite a thick hummus, if you'd like a thinner consistency, just add more lemon juice or cold water (or oil, if you'd like it creamier) I also don't like for it to be completely smooth, so I don't mix it for too long. But that's basically it! It's very simple, very healthy, very delicious and it will stay fresh in your fridge in an air-tight container for at least 2-3 days.
Happy snacking! What is your favourite snack?



Thank you very much for reading and have a great day!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment